“Remember the prisoners as if chained with them, those who are mistreated, since you yourselves are in the body also” Hebrews 13:3
Please remember everyone affected by the blasphemy law in your prayers, along with the many thousands in Pakistan and around the world who are calling for change.
In particular please pray for the following:
- Pray for the government of Pakistan that they will stand up to religious hardliners and clamp down on abuses of the law.
- Pray for those facing persecution, including the families, many of whom are in hiding, because they live in fear of their lives.
- The work of Pakistan Blasphemy Law and many others raising awareness around the world
- Lawyers defending those accused, that they will stand up for them in spite of the dangers to their own lives.
Latest prayer needs:
Please pray for Iqbal Masih a 65-year-old Christian father of nine who is being held in custody, charged with blasphemy.
Mr Masih, who has had long standing mental health issues, was accused of reciting the Kalima (the Islamic proclamation of faith), in between shouting abuse at bystanders.
It is understood that he had ceased his medication following the death of one of his sons, prompting the erratic behaviour.
- Pray that Mr Masih’s mental health difficulties will be taken into consideration, and will
lead to his swift release.
- Pray that he will be looked after appropriately during his detention.
- Pray for the safety of his family following the arrest.